Sunday, June 1, 2008

Addicted to Mario Kart Wii

I've been playing Mario Kart Wii constantly for the past few weeks.
It has totally cut into my other gaming time.

I stopped playing Super Smash Brothers immediately after getting the game.
I haven't played guitar since I got the game.
I haven't been playing online poker.
I haven't been playing DDR (and am feeling much fatter)

Am I addicted to Mario Kart? Definitely.

How do I know?
Other than actual playing time, I've won every cup in the game... TWICE!
Going through the game the first time makes sense... I wanted to unlock everything.
So I did... Including unlocking Rosalina without having a Mario Galaxy save on my system. (it's possible)

Then some people come over while I'm away, play using my save (cause it has everything), lose some points in my online score (sucks), and try using a remote and nunchuck to play. (suckier)

I've always taken pride in the fact that my wheel percentage was at 100%...
I love rocking people online even though they're using a controller. (a happy 7263 rating)
Why would I wanna "cheat" by using a controller when most of the appeal of the wii installment comes from the fact that you can "drive" your vehicles now?
At least that's my philosophy...

So when I checked my stats and saw wheel percentage down to 94%, I felt like my save was tainted. =P

So being the addicted gamer I am, I decided to leave that saved game for guests, and start over with my own save...

Hopefully I'll see you online (and beat you while youre using a controller)... >)

6849 VR rating and rising

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Current Fav Games: Mario Kart Wii, Mario Kart Wii, and Halo 3 on weekends

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what? forget mario kart we should jam sometime.